Weekly Photo Competition #01 – The First Two Months
The end of February 2016 saw the conclusion of Tinstar’s inaugural Weekly Photo Competition that brought the workers of Londesborough House (and a few outside the building) together and submitting some great creative images.
The Photo Competition has several aims:
- To bring a few small companies together on a weekly basis in a fun, joint enterprise. Most of the entrants work within business of 2-3 people, so it’s great to have a weekly opportunity to communicate with other members of the Human Race!
- To keep us looking around. As graphic designers, it’s easy to find ourselves glued to our chairs, staring at screens all day. The opportunity to raise our heads occasionally at seek beauty in the world around us is a welcome one. It’s good practice to keep our eye in.
- To raise our Social Media profile. The competition results are pasted on Facebook every week – and the winner is the photographer whose photo solicited the most ‘Likes’. It’s hard to get regular material onto Facebook, Twitter and Instagram – so this is a perfect opportunity.
- To keep us aware of deadlines. Having a weekly target helps us to focus on hitting deadlines, no matter what. Deadlines are fun.
- To have some fun and win some bubbly. Yup – sometimes just some free booze is all it takes to get people interested.
Weekly Photo Competition Results, January – February 2016
Winner: Phil Shearing of New Forest Online
Most of the winning photos seem to be shared between two people. This is coincidence, I assure you…
- Phil Shearing – 22 Likes
- Phill Brown – 18 Likes
- Tamsyn Beach – 15 Likes
- Chris Collins – 7 Likes
- Nick B-D – 6 Likes
- Dave & Jenny Glover – 3 Likes
- Susan Phillips – 2 Likes
- Chris Whatley – 2 Likes
- Mark Allen – 0 Likes (bad luck Mark)